Big Data as a Service
- March 21 2012
- Hits: 1742
Big data is leveraged by businesses to gain competitive advantage, improve operational efficiency, increase revenues, reduce risk or to implement new business models. For such initiatives time to market is crucial along with the confidence of doing it right. MetaScale ensures you don't follow the laggard line by providing quick time to market for custom Hadoop installations. If you have an extensive mainframe footprint, reducing MIPS is a major cost saving opportunity. MetaScale can deliver results for you by moving your COBOL and JCL to Hadoop. These solutions are then seamlessly integrated to the existing platforms in your enterprise.
|Our Solution||Your Business Benefit||MetaScale||Cloud Providers||Software / Hardware Vendors||Service Providers|
|Managed Hadoop Offering||•Private, secure cloud
•Save time and money
•Demystify big data implementation
|Managed Implementation||•Custom, fully integrated solution
•Implementation in weeks not years
•Massive parallel processing ability
|All Inclusive Service Pricing||•Transparent cost structure
•Predictable monthly billing
•Designed with your future growth in mind
|Commodity Hardware||•Vendor agnostic
|On Demand Professional Services||•Skilled project resources
•Deep enterprise big data experience
Mouse over the pictures below to learn more about the products and services that are part of the MetaScale solution.
- Tier III Production Data Center
- Segregated locked caged environment for assets being utilized by customers
- Separate Utility Feeds Into the Data Center
- Battery UPS with Backup Generators
- 24 x 7 Onsite Security
- Dual Diverse Communication Paths from Major Telcos
- Zoned Key Card Access System
- Fire Suppression/Fire Alarm with VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Annunciation)
- Onsite 24 x 7 Licensed Maintenance Mechanical and Electrical Engineering team
- Hadoop Master Nodes, include redundant power, network, and storage (via RAID).
- Two Hadoop Access Nodes, including redundant power, 10GbE network, and storage (via RAID).
- Hadoop Worker/Data Nodes include redundant network. Storage redundancy is provided by HDFS
- Racks with Redundant PDUs (Power Distribution Units) and two (redundant) Top Of Rack (TOR) 1GbE switches with 10GbE uplinks.
- Required TB of usable HDFS storage
- Hadoop Distribution
- Linux OS
- Hardware Support and Maintenance
- Software Support and Maintenance
- Standardized Hardware and Software builds
- 24 x 7 Command Center
- Help Desk, Customer Support
- Network Support and Maintenance
- Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Hadoop Stack Administration, Support, and Maintenance
- Basic monitoring and alerting
- Initial and ongoing data loads
- Optional Production Job/Data Support and Maintenance (additional fees applies)
- Optional Professional Services for further customizations and enhancements of your Big Data solution (hourly rates apply)
Contact us to schedule a design work shop for your capability blue print.
Hadoop as a Data Hub: A Sears Case Study
Learn how Sears significantly minimized their data architecture complexity.